We are located in a wilderness region on the outer edge of the Chapleau Crown Game Preserve. The town of Chapleau is approximately 25 miles from our location.
There is excellent Walleye and Smallmouth Bass fishing in Wangoon Lake. The pike fishing is good in our lake but there are other small lakes in the area that are good for catching trophy pike. There is a lake located about 3 miles from our lodge where you can catch Lake Trout, and there are a few lakes and streams in the area where Brook Trout can be caught. There are 35 to 40 lakes in the area that offer excellent fishing. We offer guided trips to these lakes.
· Church services are available in Chapleau
· There are numerous trails and backcountry bush roads nearby for mountain biking and ATVing
· The heart of the Chapleau Crown Game Preserve is seconds away and perfect for wildlife viewing and photography
· Chapleau has stores for food, spirits and souvenirs, as well as a golf course and other tourist attractions
· Pets are only permitted if prior arrangements are made
· We have housekeeping cottages, camping and RV parking with electrical hook-ups
We know how important people's pets are to them so everyone is welcome to bring their pets with them at no additional charge.
· If you are bringing your dog across the border you will need proof of up-to-date rabies vaccinations.
· Pet owners are responsible for any damages their pets may cause.
· Poop and scoop policy in place
· Pets must be under owner's control at all times
Dog Boarding Services Available On-Site!
If you are planning on bringing your pet with you this summer but need someone to care for him/her while you are away from camp; look no further. Wangoon Way Pet Resort, located on the Paquette's Camp property, offers a safe, comfortable and caring place for your pet to stay while you are away. Space is available for daytime or overnight stays at a cost of $20/day. Advanced booking and proof of current vaccinations including the one to protect against Kennel Cough (Bordetella) is required. Contact Christine via e-mail: email@example.com or visit the Facebook page.
We invite you to come spend some time with us and have a calm, relaxing vacation, a fun-filled adventure or a little bit of both! There is always fun to be had for the whole family at Paquette's Camp.
Attractions used for cottage country website:
· Paquette's Camp is a wonderful place for kids to be kids. Here is a list of activities the whole family can enjoy:
· Sit around a campfire and see who can roast the perfect marshmallow (Firewood provided at no extra cost)
· Go for a swim! Swimming is a fun activity for the whole family
· Listen to the calls of the loons
· Take a ride into the Chapleau Crown Game Preserve (only seconds away) where you may see Moose, Bear, Beaver, Lynx, Wolves, and many other species of wildlife
· Take a day for bird-watching! There are many species of birds to see such as Eagles, Osprey, Hawks, Owls, Loons, Herons and many smaller birds
· Go on a berry-picking excursion and enjoy fresh blueberry pancakes for breakfast
· Explore some of the many places available for hiking
· Explore Wangoon Lake by canoe or kayak
· Enjoy a group fish fry! Ask us about having one while you are here
· Bring along your own equipment to explore with such as bicycles, ATVs, kayaks, etc.
· Sit and take in a sunset, or gaze at the canopy of stars at night
· Take a break while the children tire themselves out on the playground, or find entertainment in the recreation room equipped with a juke box, pool table, air hockey table, satellite TV, and board games
· Get a group together for a game of basketball, horseshoes or volleyball
· Experience the thrill of a train ride. For a small fee you can have the passenger train stop and pick you up at the camp and take a short ride into Chapleau (about a 15 minute ride), or you can take a longer ride and spend the night in White River and return the following day
· Chapleau (about 30 minutes away) has a 9 hole golf course, a small museum, hiking trails and limited shopping
· Potholes Provincial Park (about 1 hour away) offers a hiking trail along a beautiful creek that cuts its way through the rocky terrain for some incredible scenery.